Have you heard of cheese foam but need to know what it is? Don’t worry. You’re not alone! Cheese foam is a relatively new food trend that has recently gained popularity. This blog post will provide an overview of cheese foam and answer some commonly asked questions about this delicious culinary phenomenon.
What Is Cheese Foam?
Cheese foam, also known as cheese mousse or cheese cap, is a delicious and creamy topping that takes any boba drink to the next level. It is made of cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, salt, and sugar. It is an iced tea, either green or black tea, topped with a thick and creamy foam. While sometimes described as a new twist on boba tea, cheese foam tea is a completely different trend.
Cheese foam is cream cheese whipped cream used as a topping for tea and coffee. To make it, one needs to whip together cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, and sugar until it forms a thick and creamy foam. Cheese foam is perfect for those who love cream cheese and whipped cream, as it provides an even sweeter flavor when added to tea or coffee.
What Ingredients Are Used to Make Cheese Foam?
- Cheese Foam, sometimes called cheese mousse, is a delicious and creamy treat made from just a few simple ingredients! To make cheese foam, you will need the following:
- 2 oz cream cheese – Cream the cream cheese until smooth and set aside.
- 4 tablespoons of salted cream cheese adds some salty flavor to the foam.
- Evaporated milk – This helps to give the foam a light and airy texture.
- Powdered sugar – A little sweetness helps balance the cream cheese’s saltiness.
- Salt – Just a pinch of salt helps to bring out all of the flavors in the foam!
- Whipping cream – The whipping cream adds a nice, fluffy texture to the foam.
Once you have all your ingredients ready, combine them in a bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy! Enjoy your delicious cheese foam as an appetizer or snack!
How Is Cheese Foam Prepared?
Cheese foam, also known as cheese mousse, is a delightful and unique beverage topping. To prepare cheese foam, you’ll need cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, sugar, and salt. Start by bringing the milk and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese with powdered sugar and salt until it reaches a smooth consistency. Pour in the hot milk and whipping cream mixture into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture and whisk together until combined. Finally, add two teaspoons of loose-leaf Jasmine tea to the mixture and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
Once all ingredients are combined, pour the mixture into a metal bowl or container for chilling in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. After chilling for an hour or more, your cheese foam is ready to top off your favorite tea beverage! Enjoy!
What Are the Benefits of Cheese Foam?
- Cheese Foam is a popular topping for tea that provides a creamy, delicious flavor to any cup of tea.
- Cheese Foam is made from cream cheese and condensed milk, giving it a source of calcium and protein.
- Cheese Foam also contains antioxidants from the black or green tea it’s typically served on top of.
- Full-fat dairy in the foam topping can also provide health benefits.
- Cheese Foam has significantly fewer calories than tapioca pearls – only 160 calories per serving compared to 300 calories in three ounces of tapioca pearls.
- Cheese Foam is also often lower in sugar content than other toppings, making it a healthier option for those looking to reduce their sugar intake.
- Cheese Foam is an excellent topping for those who want to enjoy the creamy flavor without adding extra sugar or calories to their drink.
What Are the Different Types of Cheese Foam?
- Cheese Foam Tea: Cheese foam tea is an iced tea, either green or black, topped with a thick and creamy foam. It’s also known as cheese, salty, and cheese cap tea.
- Cheese Foam Topping: Fluffy, whipped, creamy cheese foam is a popular boba shop topping that is worth the hype. It’s made of cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, salt, and a sweetener.
- Cheese Foam Mousse: This type of cheese foam is made from cream cheese and heavy whipping cream flavored with a sweetener and salt. It has a thick, creamy texture that adds flavor to drinks without overpowering them.
- Cream Cheese Foam: Cream cheese foam is made from cream cheese, milk, and sugar, which gives it a light and airy texture with just the right amount of sweetness. It’s perfect for topping off iced teas or for use in baking recipes to give them an extra kick of flavor.
- Sweetened Cheese Foam: Sweetened cheese foam combines cream cheese with milk and sugar to create a light, fluffy topping that adds sweetness to drinks and desserts. The sweetness balances out the saltiness of the cream cheese for a truly delightful taste experience!
How to Serve Cheese Foam?
Serving cheese foam is a delicious way to add a unique flavor to your tea or coffee. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by combining cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- To serve, divide tapioca pearls (if using) between chilled tall glasses, add ice (if desired), and pour in chilled black tea.
- Top each glass with the cheese foam mix, using a spoon or a hand mixer to create a foamy topping.
- For an extra special touch, garnish each glass with fresh fruit or herbs like mint or basil leaves.
How Long Does Cheese Foam Last?
Preparing cheese foam is a quick and easy way to add flavor and texture to your favorite drinks and snacks. But how long does it last? The answer is not as simple.
When it comes to cheese foam, the key is to make sure you store it correctly. To preserve the freshness of the foam, the best thing to do is make a large batch and store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. If done correctly, the mixture should last about three days.
When making cheese foam, use five pantry staple ingredients and whip it up in under five minutes. Thoroughly whisk the cheese batter and refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days.
To make cold tea, brew strong tea using loose-leaf tea. When serving cold beverages with cheese foam, don’t let the drink sit for too long, as this will cause the foam to start breaking down.
Remember that cheese foam contains fresh dairy products that can spoil quickly, so if you want your foam to last longer, use pasteurized milk instead of fresh milk. This will help extend the shelf life of your cheese foam up to two days when stored properly.
So there you have it; if you follow these tips, you can enjoy delicious cheese foam for up to three days!
How to Store Cheese Foam?
Storing cheese foam is easy and straightforward. To ensure that your cheese foam remains in top condition, it is best to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Ensure the container is completely sealed so that no air can penetrate and spoil the foam. Before storing, make sure that the foam has cooled to room temperature.
Once cooled, you can spoon the cheese foam into the container and cover it with a lid. For optimal freshness, try to use up any remaining foam within five days of storage. You can also freeze cheese foam for up to 3 months for future use. If you want to freeze your foam, spoon it into an airtight freezer bag or container and press out any excess air before sealing it shut. When you’re ready to use your frozen foam, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
By following these simple steps, you can easily store your cheese foam for future use!
What Drinks Can You Add Cheese Foam To?
- Cheese Tea: Cheese Tea, also known as Cheese Foam with Boba, is a unique combination of sweet and savory. To make this refreshing drink, combine cold green tea with a thick layer of creamy cream cheese foam.
- Tapioca Pearl Drinks: Top your chilled tall glass of tapioca pearl tea with cheese foam for an extra special treat. The salty flavor of the cheese pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the pearls for an irresistible drink.
- Assam Black Tea: A popular base for boba milk tea, Assam Black Tea can also be topped off with a dreamy layer of creamy cheese foam. This topping is easy and delicious, using only cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, and sugar!
- Fruit Slushies: Make your favorite fruity slushies even more special by adding a layer of cheesy goodness on top! Whether you choose strawberry or mango flavored, the combination of sweet and salty is the perfect summer refreshment.
- Matcha Milk Tea: Lift up your daily cuppa with a dollop of rich cream cheese foam for matcha fans. The contrast between the creamy topping and the earthy flavors of matcha will make for a truly unforgettable experience!
FAQS about Cheese Foam
Is Milk Foam the Same as Cheese Foam?
No, milk foam and cheese foam are two different things. Milk foam tea includes only frothed milk on top, while cheese foam is made of cream cheese, whipping cream, milk, salt, and other ingredients, depending on the store that makes the foam. Cheese foam has a velvety texture, while milk foam is lighter in consistency.
Is Milk Foam Just Milk?
Milk foam is the same as milk froth; both are made by aerating milk, which adds air bubbles. The main difference lies in the texture; frothed milk is much lighter and has a foamy consistency. To get the best results, experts recommend using fresh milk.
The aeration process further stabilizes the consistency and helps to create a more voluminous foam. Whole milk will be more stable than skimmed when frothed, though it will be less voluminous. Coffee lovers can enjoy foam regardless of fat content; all forms of milk can produce foam when aerated.
Does Starbucks Have Cheese Foam?
No, Starbucks does not have cheese foam. Instead, they offer a variety of cold foams made from nonfat milk. These foamy creations are perfect for adding a little bit of texture and flavor to your favorite iced coffee drinks. Starbucks’ cold foam is made by blending nonfat milk, heavy cream, and vanilla syrup in a special blender to create a decadently rich texture akin to a meringue. The result is a creamy and delicious topping that pairs perfectly with drinks like the Iced Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew and Salted Caramel Mocha.
We hope you enjoyed learning about cheese foam. This unique culinary trend will take the food world by storm in 2021! If you have any questions or want to learn more about this unique cooking technique, feel free to reach out. We’d love to hear from you!
I love cooking. There’s something about taking a bunch of disparate ingredients and turning them into a cohesive, delicious meal that just really scratches an itch for me. I’m not the world’s best cook, but I enjoy it and am always looking to learn more.
Plus, it’s a great way to show my loved ones that I care about them. When I cook for someone, I’m telling them that I want them to be happy and well-fed – and isn’t that really the best thing you can say to someone?